Here's my saga of listening to the entire Insane Clown Posse discography, over 400 songs strong. It needs to be read in REVERSE ORDER, so START AT THE BOTTOM. I just copied it from my Facebook. Enjoy
Emory LaserWolf Here's a playlist of the only passable ICP songs. There's 9. 9 out of over 400. 3 of which are so rare, you can't even listen to them
www.last.fm
Emory LaserWolf A return to the Dark Carnival Saga. The end of my nightmare. Their last album has their best production EVER, and still, not one good fucking song on the damn thing. This has taken years off my life.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf My slog through the discography of the Insane Clown Posse is almost over. 400+ tracks.
Emory LaserWolf ICP iz da shit
Emory LaserWolf Another bad album, but with a welcome return of quality production. Plus, this album features the WORST album art of their career. Maybe of anyone's career.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope sound bored now. Imagine how I feel, you rich faygo-loving motherfuckers.
Emory LaserWolf Oh thank god. Mike E. Clark, thank you thank you thank you for returning. I don't feel like I'm dying anymore. Still no good songs, but thank fucking christ for a return to quality production.
www.last.fm
Emory LaserWolf ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I can feel my face melting from the sheer artlessness!!! I AM BURNING
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf EP. Continuing the ICP's scraping of the underside of the bottom of the last barrel in the universe. Does music still exist for me?
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf Second half of the "final" Joker Card. Their worst album yet, handily. Complete and utter total fucking garbage. Shit shit shit shit shit shit. Horrid.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf The final Joker Card. No Mike E Clark. As bad as could be expected. Worse. Apparently the message behind The Dark Carnival Saga is.... God. Don't believe me? PLEASE listen to the last track "Thy Unveiling". After you do, we can discuss it.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf Just started the first ICP album without the benefit of production from Mike E. Clark. I'm scared.
Emory LaserWolf It occurred to me I could use Youtube to give you the other song I thought was great by ICP. Unlike the song I LOVE (see below) this song features fun and well delivered lyrics. You guys had better fucking listen to both of these songs. Do you realize how much I have suffered for you????
www.youtube.com
Emory LaserWolf I've lost my mind. On this fucking soundtrack to a fucking COMIC BOOK about the Dark Carnival.... I song I LOVE. I'm not joking. I think I love this song. Seriously. This is a really catchy song. I HAVE GONE CRAZY?!?? (PS: I hope this video is to the right song, as I can't access Youtube at work.)
www.youtube.com
Emory LaserWolf I am now listening to a soundtrack to an ICP comic book. Wow. This is my life now.
Emory LaserWolf A slightly less-awful collection of rarities. Remember how the only positive thing I have ever said about the ICP was they had good production? Well, the person responsible for that, Mike E Clark, the only person to get praise from critics, had a falling out with the ICP. Do you know what this means? The next Joker Card won't even have Clark's production. I have a bad feeling about this.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf I can't tell you how many songs of theirs have been them bitching about how they ain't nothin like these sellout MCs, whose music all sounds the same. And yet, ICP has a large number of songs that sound EXACTLY like shallow attempts to mimic terrible music trends. Also, the psychology of artists who hate women so much and yet have creepy love for their mothers is so fascinating.
Emory LaserWolf It's funny that ICP hate Eminem, when so much of their output desperately apes his evolution.
Emory LaserWolf We are off to a terrible start with this ridiculous Enigma-sounding power ballad. Thank god for this "Forgotten Freshness" series, or this lost gem would never have been heard. Sarcasm.
Emory LaserWolf Once more into the breach. 183 Insane Clown Posse songs to listen to.
Emory LaserWolf Are you kidding me ICP? Dissing Eminem and Dr. Dre? People who are real artists and have created some of the best rap albums of all time??
Emory LaserWolf I wish the Insane Clown Posse was dead.
Emory LaserWolf A collection of some of the worst songs I have ever heard. Ugh. I just discovered an ICP song that I actually think is GREAT! It's called "Dirtball" and I would share it with you but I can't find it on any of my music sites! Jesus CHRIST. I find one fucking song in 220 songs of SHIT and I can't even give you the one song worth your time! It's off the Heavy Metal 2000 soundtrack. I wish I were dead.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf This song is noteworthy. In it Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope "humorously" attempt to sell out by trying more popular and radio-friendly music. This is particularly amusing as the resulting 3 mini-songs are no worse than their usual shit. In particular the 1st Crunk one, which has exactly the SAME lyrical sophistication as their other crap, despite trying to mock the infinitely more talented Lil' Jon for having shitty lyrics.
Emory LaserWolf Another bad album, though with their best song yet "Tilt-A-Whirl". One other OK track ("Take Me Away") and that is IT. This is the first half of a motherfucking double album. I still have just under 200 tracks to listen to.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf Holy crap. Just when I thought I was going to have to be locked up, I tripped over this song from their Joker Card "Bizaar" (Use Your Illusionish companion to "Bizzare"). I would acutally call this song "really good", and therefore their best song so far! I know! I didn't believe it either, but it's catchy, well delivered, and the stupid lyrics are only mildly retarded, and charmingly so. Check it out.
Emory LaserWolf Yes, I listened to the soundtrack to the Insane Clown Posse's film "Big Money Hu$tla$". I gained nothing but the further degradation of my sanity. Horrible fucking garbage.
www.last.fm
Listen free to Insane Clown Posse – Big Money Hustlas (Intro, Fuck the World and more). 12 tracks (48:59). Insane Clown Posse is an American rap duo from Detroit, Michigan. The group is composed of Joseph ...
Emory LaserWolf Nope. Their "best" album according to critics is still feces. It has the most songs I thought were OK (3), and again, the best production yet. Fuck this chronological shit. I'm just gonna tear through the remaining awfulness in whatever order it's in on my iPod. I'm losing my mind.
Emory LaserWolf Unbearable shit.
Emory LaserWolf Goddamnit. Fuckin' early greatest hits album with rare tracks forcin' my ass to listen to precious seconds of songs I already heard and hated. I hate you ICP. Next, before I can get to the album people actually have positive things to say about, I have to go through a rarities collection, "Forgotten Freshness Vols. 1 & 2". Sadly this ALSO features songs I've already heard.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf Sigh. Fourth Joker Card. Once again, better production, but only ONE OK song amongst the excrement, "Halls of Illusions." I'll give the go ahead to check out that song, but for the love of god don't listen to their power ballad "Pass Me By."
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf Really, Insane Clown Posse? A Nell Carter reference in 1997? Gimme A Break had already been off the air for 10 years.
Emory LaserWolf I found some spare headphones. Rats. Looks like I will be ICPing it afterall.
Emory LaserWolf Left my motherfucking earbuds at home. No ICP for you people today. The only thing that makes me feel better: the new BDs I have at home.
Emory LaserWolf That's all the ICP I can stand today. Will continue tomorrow.
Emory LaserWolf The last of the sideshow EPs is the first CD to feature a good song ("Ninja"). It also features a few of their worst, and plenty of sub-mediocre horseshit.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf I found one!! ICP's first good song! The production finally found a hook, and the group's juvenile lyrics finally found some truth. The chorus of "Damn I wish I could be a ninja" actually rings like a true representation of the Insane Clown Posse target audience. The song is funny, and paints a picture from the psychology of disaffected, white, lower-middle class kids, without pandering (too much). This is not a great song, but a pretty good one.
Emory LaserWolf A lyric: "I ate so much cotton, that my tongue came out her butt." ("butt" was the rhyme a stanza earlier as well)
Emory LaserWolf While this third Joker Card features increasingly good production, the song I have liked the most so far ("The Show Must Go On") and the group's first Heavy Metal riff (""Chicken Huntin' [Slaughter House Mix]"), it still contains zero quality.
www.lala.com
Emory LaserWolf To be fair, my opinions of the ICP albums are subjective. You might like lyrics that feature terms like "booty-hole."
Emory LaserWolf THANK FUCKING CHRIST. The remix of "Chicken Huntin'" features a nasty guitar riff. Terrible riff, but I needed it.
Emory LaserWolf Ooh. I ALMOST enjoyed ICP song "The Show Must Go On". Almost.
Emory LaserWolf Yeah, I listened to this. What if there had been a great song on it? Well, there wasn't. (Is this technically a Sideshow? How am I supposed to follow the Dark Carnival Saga if I don't have this information?)
www.last.fm
Listen free to Insane Clown Posse – A Carnival Christmas (Santa's A Fat Bitch, Red Christmas). 2 tracks (8:52). A Carnival Christmas is the third EP by American hip hop group Insane Clown Posse, released on December 6, 1994 by Psychopathic Records. ...
Emory LaserWolf Second Sideshow, second pile of slightly-shorter shit. Make sure to check out "I Stuck Her With My Wang" is you wish to kill yourself. Though the kinda atmospheric "Amy's In the Attic" is the second track to ALMOST make it to mediocre, rather than blandly terrible. I better hear a Metal riff soon, or I might throw up.
www.last.fm
Insane Clown Posse – The Terror Wheel EP (Skitsofrantic, I Stuck Her With My Wang and more). 6 tracks (30:13). The Terror Wheel EP was released 5 Aug 1994. The Terror Wheel is the second EP by American hip hop group Insane Clown Posse, released on August 5, 1994 by Psychopathic Records. ...
Emory LaserWolf Second Joker Card. Slightly improved production. Not one memorable song. Complete and utter shit. Have I mentioned the astonishing amount of sexism and homophobia? Guys, this is getting rough.
www.last.fm
Listen free to Insane Clown Posse – Ringmaster (Chicken Huntin', Murder Go Round and more). 14 tracks (63:16). Ringmaster was released 12 May 1998. Ringmaster is the second studio album by American hip hop duo Insane Clown Posse, released on March 8, 1994 by Psychopathic Records. ...
Emory LaserWolf The ICP's EPs, like this one, are called "Side Shows" for the Dark Carnival Saga. Exactly the same level of quality as their first album Carnival of Carnage. Meaning, it's dogshit. THOUGH, the final track "Joke Ya Mind" almost reaches tolerable. Almost.
www.last.fm
Listen free to Insane Clown Posse – Beverly Kills 50187 (The Stalker, 17 Dead and more). 6 tracks (36:14). Beverly Kills 50187 was released July 1993. Beverly Kills 50187 is the first EP by American hip hop group Insane Clown Posse, released in 1993 by Psychopathic Records. ...
Emory LaserWolf Well. First "Joker Card" in the "Dark Carnival Saga" down. It's crap. The production is not bad (not engaging or memorable), but jesus are these songs lame. Sometimes Violent J's delivery sounds great, but at no point do the lyrics. Ugh.
www.last.fm
Listen free to Insane Clown Posse – Carnival of Carnage (Intro, Wizard of the Hood and more). 13 tracks (52:11). Carnival of Carnage was released October 18, 1992. Carnival of Carnage is the debut studio album ...
Emory LaserWolf I must admit I enjoy Violent J's delivery, though in 20 tracks it has not resulted in one tolerable song.
Emory LaserWolf I have made a horrible mistake. From ICP's first album, witness "Red Neck Hoe" http://bit.ly/6ljcq8
Emory LaserWolf Unlistenable shit. To be fair, it's just Insane Clown Posse member Violent J and some guy he knew who had a karaoke machine, rapping over said karaoke machine under the name "Inner City Posse".
en.wikipedia.org
Intelligence and Violence is an album released in 1990 by Violent J of the Inner City Posse and D-Lyrical. Violent J later recalled disliking D-Lyrical and only working with him for his karaoke machine.

This your legacy for 2010?
ReplyDeleteGood work, I like it!
"The greatest show" appears to be about Accepting People Who Are Different, a nice sentiment when not applied to ICP.
ReplyDelete